Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Time

Oh you are young right now,
I can see that in your eyes,
But soon I will come to you,
Greying hair, fading smiles.

And the hand that holds you,
Will be no more warm or steady,
Trembling and sorrowfully you will move,
Will you be ready for the no moon night?

The glamour of your splendour,
Gentle sips of magnificent wine,
The smile that he coveted,
And your luxuriant black hair.

Will you remember what it felt like?
Will you remember when I crept in?
Do you remember his voice?
Or does it sound rusty like mine?

Do you remember the cheek he stroked?
Hollow and wrinkled does it seem now?
And does the taste of seasoning,
Seem as insipid as your life now?

Oh don't curse me now, dear one,
Haven't you heard what true love is?
They stain each other with their presence,
Or so have I mistakenly heard.

But I have always loved you,
Even when you were a tiny one,
And it will continue to grow,
Till I have finally made you mine.


- Parekh, Pravesh
September 23, 2014; 07:20 PM
MBIAL, NIMHANS

No comments:

Post a Comment